Created in July 2017 on the initiative of the public and private members of the air cargo community at Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport, ACFA is an air cargo association that brings together major players in the sector,(*) including private companies, administrations, airport managers, and professional organisations and associations. It is the successor to the CIF (cross-industry cargo committee).
ACFA’s main objectives
- Promote and represent the air cargo community in its entirety: airports, operators, and professions, including internationally • Conduct technical improvement projects on air cargo services and tools together • Communicate the added value provided by all stakeholders who contribute to the air cargo supply chain • Act in a collegial and coordinated way on three levels: French, European, and International 5 working groups
- Communications WG: handles ACFA logo & visual identity, website, social media
- Physical processing WG: manages containers, smooths operational relations among stakeholders with management of equipment and containers in restricted areas
- Employment changes in air cargo and logistics WG: identifies the jobs of tomorrow in cargo and attracts talent
- Digital tech and digitalisation WG: holding an e-freight forum in 2018
- CEIV Pharma WG: leads the CEIV pharma certification project for cargo operators
One office, one chair, three vice-chairs
Chair: Groupe ADP Vice-chairs: Elisabeth Herelier, General Manager of Air France-KLM-Martinair Cargo; Jean-Marc Baduel, Head of SYCAFF; Herbert de Saint-Simon, Head of TLF Overseas Secretary General/Treasurer: Didier Challine
Save the (cargo) date
ACFA will be represented at various panels at the “International Week of Transport and Logistics” held in Villepinte (20 to 23 March).
The official launch of ACFA is planned for 4 April, when the association’s new visual identity and roadmap will be revealed.
(*)ACFA = public stakeholders = Roissy Inter-regional Customs Division, DGAC, Deputy Prefect for Safety and Security at Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Le Bourget; private stakeholders = Groupe ADP, Air France Cargo, CIN France, TLF Overseas, SYCAFF (French cargo airline union), Sodexi, WFS (active members).