The public consultation organised and instigated by Groupe ADP under the aegis of the French National Commission for Public Debate continues. The themes identified during the preparation phase from October to December 2018 are at the heart of the discussions which will end on 12 May 2019.
CONSULTATION WITH TERRITORIES
No airport today can develop without the help, or against the wishes of those in its immediate surroundings. As such, a public consultation began on 12 February 2019, which aims to share the Terminal 4 project with all stakeholders, inform residents, listen to them, ensure that their expectations are taken into account and use their feedback to determine the conditions in which our airport can develop successfully.
REASON FOR THE CONSULTATION
Any construction of new infrastructure, regardless of its precise schedule or size, must be planned well in advance and involve a consultation stage with all the stakeholders concerned.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTATION
- To inform people about the project
- To ensure the expectations of all stakeholders are properly taken into account
- To involve local residents in the project’s development
The design and scheduling of the project are not part of the objectives of the consultation. They are not included in the consultation documentation (*).
A PREPARATION PHASE WAS CONDUCTED WITH LOCAL RESIDENTS AND ELECTED OFFICIALS TO BETTER UNDERSTAND THEIR EXPECTATIONS, INDICATED HERE IN THE FORM OF QUESTIONS/THEMES: THE THREE PRIORITIES ARE:
- Noise pollution: 28%
- The environmental challenge: 27%
- Socio-economic development: 25%
DETAILS OF THE CONSULTATION
Various means of collaboration and expression are being proposed during these three months of consultation:
– a website, central axis of the consultation, online since 24 January / terminal4-cdg.groupeADP.fr,
– public meetings and participatory workshops,
– immersive walks around the site – participatory coffee meetings,
– a roaming participatory tent (dates and places it will visit are available on the website) as well as … youth workshops, employee workshops and passenger workshops with a “participatory photo”.
GUARANTORS FROM THE FRENCH NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR PUBLIC DEBATE ASSISTING WITH THE CONSULTATION
On 7 June 2018, the French National Commission for Public Debate (CNDP) appointed Mr Jean-Pierre Bompard, Mr Laurent Demolins, Mr Gérard Feldzer and Ms Aline Guérin. On 7 November 2018, Ms Aline Guérin was replaced, at her request, by Mr Floran Augagneur. (To contact them: email@example.com)
Following the consultation, a summary drafted by the guarantors will be made public and Groupe ADP will issue a reasoned decision (whether or not to continue with the project, taking the lessons learned throughout the consultation into account).